четверг, 7 ноября 2013 г.

Discussion questions: School Education in Brtitain and the USA

1. In Britain they have 2 types of schools: private (independent) or state.

2. Children start attending school at 5 and leave it at 16. It is a compulsory education. And also children can continue their education and that's why some of them leave school at 18.

3. Preschool education: 2-3 age; Primary education: 5-11 age; Secondary education: 11-16 age; Sixth form college 16-18 age.

4. Children have to take SAT, GCSE. And if they want continue their education in universities thay have to take A-level.

5. A-level exam is an entrance exam for leavers, which they take in the end of their studies at school.

6. Yes, there is a national curriculum in Britain. It was introduced in 1988, which set programmes of study in a range of subjects for all state schools in England and Wales.

7. IT takes 11 years to complete full-time compulsory education.

8.  Primary school concentrates on the three R's: reading, writing and 'rithmetic and also developing their creative abilities.
     Secondary school concentrates on subjects, which are introduced in the national curriculum.

9. Entrance exams can be abandoned if a person don't want continue education at university and start to work, for example.

10. Admission requirements to primary and secondary school are the age of children.

11. Elite school educationprovides children with greater improvement in the examination results. And also in later life, those educated in such schools dominate the sources of state power in government, law and finance.

12. English, Maths, Science, History, Geography, Physical Education should be an integral part of school curriculum. And Religious Education, Technology and Design are optional subjects.

13. The essence of private schooling in Russia is getting the profound knowledge in some sphere of education. Some of them are specialized on Humanities, others - on Science.

14. A problem pupil is a pupil, who has problems with some subjects, so they are weak students. Also a problem pupil is  a child, who is not interested in school, education, or has some problems with teachers.

15. To my mind, a good teacher is a teacher, who is attetive to every pupil in class, who is kind, sensitive, understanding, but at the same time, demanding and even-tempered.

16. The most memorable things in my school days were days of self-management at school. It was very interesting to take part in such lessons, where senior pupils teach children.
The most exciting thing was extra-curricular activities, when the whole form go to some museum, theatre or some out-door classes.
And the most painful one for me was when I got the mark, which I didn't expect to recieve.

17. When it is the morning of an exam, I feel really nerveuos, a bit scared, as it is some kind of uncertainty. I'm worried about everything, if I take my notes, pens and of course my record-book.

18. To my mind, oral exam is easier to pass, as through your speech the examiner can understand if you know the subject or not.

19. I don't prefer to be the first to answer in an oral exam.

20.  Yes, I use rough-work sheets in a written exam, as I have a tendency to redo some exercises while checking my work. I don't like to do a mess in my exam work.

21. I feel a bit uncomfortable.

22. To my mind, cribs can be only in a written form, as while preparing them a student learn some information automatically.

23. Yeas, I panicked at the exam, it was, when I took a question and understood that didn't remember some of parts of that question.

24. I don't think it is a way out to copy from other students.

25. The most difficult thing about exam is the emotional preparence to it. As even if you know everything, you can panick and won't answer any qusrions from the examiner.

26.  Advantages of private schools: profound knowledge, better examination results and bright future. Disadvantages: chargeble education, children live in boarding schools.

27. To my mind, it ia a good idea to pay attention to subjects where a students have progresses, t can help him in future.

28. To my mind the pest age to start primary school is 6, as children are still under control and it is easier to interest them.

29. If children want to continue their education in university, they should stay at school up to 18.

30. In some way, it is a good idea, as pupils have a goal to make their scool the best, and that's why they study hard.

31. Any exam is necessary , it shows the progress of a person, his knowledge. And I think teacher should continue to have tests too to confirm their professionalism, but of course such works are always disturbing the education process.

32. I think, that computers can only check some tests not written works.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий